木 is the only structural building material that is both renewable and sustainable. As a high-performance and cost-effective material, wood products build our world best.
木 products are made from a renewable resource — trees — that are replanted to ensure a sustainable supply. 此外，木材是 less energy- and carbon-intensive to produce than competing materials like concrete and steel.
木’s strength-to-weight ratio is comparatively higher than steel while containing a fraction of the embodied energy. 木 delivers durability and seismic resiliency necessary for tall buildings while offering code-compliant fire resistance…and innovations in design and engineering are continuously being implemented.
木 comes from trees and is used in a wide range of products and applications — some we easily recognize and even some we don’t.
What Kinds of Things are Made From 木?
- 木材 comes from trees that have been turned into planks or boards. 木材 is commonly used in structural materials, but is also used in cabinetry, 家具 and 地板 and pallets.
- 工程木制品 are a combination of wood or wood byproducts and various adhesives to make different products, 包括 plywood, particleboard, laminate 地板 and structural composite lumber，仅举几例.
- Structural composite lumber (SCL) products are engineered through layering wood veneers, 股或薄片和粘合剂, which are then cut into specific sizes. They are used in building structures to make things like 椽、梁、托梁及螺柱.
- 面板 can be both structural and non-structural. 例如, plywood and oriented strand board can be used in construction applications, whereas particle board and medium-density fibreboard (MDF) are primarily used in non-structural products, 比如家具或橱柜.
- 大量木材 is a new and innovative style of wood construction that allows for the construction of buildings far taller than traditional light frame methods, most commonly associated with wood construction. Types of 大量木材 include cross-laminated timber (CLT), 胶合层压木材(胶合木), nail-laminated timber (NLT) and dowel-laminated timber (DLT). Learn more about the benefits of building with 大量木材.
木 products are made from a renewable resource — trees — that are replanted to ensure a sustainable supply, 他们 are less energy- and carbon-intensive to manufacture than competing materials like concrete and steel.
木制品也储存碳. 意义, 就像一棵树在生长, it sequesters carbon and when the tree is turned into building materials or wood products, that carbon stays locked away in the finished materials for decades or centuries. Additionally, studies have shown that building with wood produces 减少温室气体排放 than building with other materials.
Through sustainable forest management, tree farmers harvest and replant trees responsibly, taking into consideration wildlife, diversity of plant species and forests’ abilities to create watersheds and sequester carbon.